Transit Visa (Subclass 771)
This visa lets people be in Australia for up to 72 hours before they must leave Australia. Maritime Crew visa holders can use it to enter Australia by air to join a non-military ship. Some people are eligible to transit without a visa.
|No longer than 72 hours
|What you can do with this visa
- Transit through Australia for no longer than 72 hours;
- Enter Australia by air before joining the crew of a non-military ship as a Maritime Crew visa (subclass 988) holder.
- Be outside Australia and have a confirmed booking to travel to another country within 72 hours of arriving in Australia and the correct documents to enter that country;
- If you are joining the crew of a non-military ship, be outside Australia and hold a Maritime Crew visa and the necessary crew documents.
- No work
- Health cover
- Must maintain eligibility
- No material change
- 75% of applications: 8 days;
- 90% of applications 15 days.
（Note: above fees are subject to the final fee charged by the Australian Immigration Department）